Review: THIRST (The Elite, book 3)

THIRST THIRST by Hanleigh Bradley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Intense is the perfect word to describe the third installment of the series. It had been a while since I have read the series and I haven't read Craving, but with Thirst, I felt I hadn't missed a beat with Everette and Farah.

Farah meets The Mother, Everette's vampire mother. Things are tense because there seems to be a war brewing and Everette is still confused about what he should do with Farah. The Mother doesn't make things any easier because she thinks he should turn Farah or kill her.

Unfortunately, for Farah, she doesn't know what she wants. But what she does know that she wants to be with Everette and loves him, even though she knows that she shouldn't.

I liked the complexity of their relationship. It isn't about the sex, there is something more despite what they are willing to admit to themselves and each other. They are painfully honest with one another, which makes them feel very relatable. When Farah admits how she feels about him, Everette replies that she shouldn't. In the end, he remembers what he is and the harm that he can cause her. He knows he has the potential, the want for killing her, but he isn't ready to do that.

Farah isn't sure about being with him forever, but she does want to be with him.

Hanleigh does a wonderful job with the way she writes Everette and Farah. Everette's uncertainty about what Farah means to him and his wanting to keep her safe makes him feel almost human. Farah not knowing what they are to each other, he's a boyfriend or her mate but he's someone she as come to love. At least that's what she tells herself. They are really honest and real characters and that's what I enjoy about them.

I don't know what these two will decide, but something tells me that a choice is going to be made and it would be a light one.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts