Tyler Perry's The Oval Season 1, Episodes 1-9 Review/Rant

Tyler Perry's The Oval. Image from Tvline.com
If there was ever a time that I wished that I watching this on my tv and not on my computer, then I wouldn't feel so bad putting my foot through my damned tv! I don't know why on Earth did I ever decide to watch this show. Maybe because I was in Scandal withdrawal and wanted another political show to replace the one that I been missing for nearly two seasons. Well, whatever it is I can honestly say that I can't stand this show and I wish it would just go the entire (insert curse here) away!
Tyler Perry's The Oval singlehandedly managed to take the most garbage tv shows and movies and make those look like Oscar-winning contenders. I'm not sure if Mr. Perry wants this show to be over the top, but the ridiculousness of it is just too much and not believable by any standards.

I am not going to do a break down of each episode, but I will use events that happened in the show.

Now to reiterate, I don't know if Tyler Perry wrote this show to be over the top, but this show is too much. For example, the first lady tasing the hell out of the first daughter because the girl wanted to go see her boyfriend. In addition, the President who really doesn't give a damn about the presidency. All he is concerned with is smashing his side chick, Denise (she is the twin sister of Ruth who had joined a cult, but I'll explain more later) in the Oval.

Then there is the wife, Victoria who seems to be on a hate brigade. She hates her husband, her kids and her only reason for being there is because she wants power. So, when she finds out that the President brought Denise into the White House, the first lady concocts a plan to take her fashion designer on a trip to the hood. She finds out that Denise owns a clothing store. Victoria then goes and confronts Denise who the first lady beats the breaks off of her in a dressing room, while the fashion designer, Lily listens.

Poor Lily has her own drama. But that would be explained later.

Almost every character has some drama on this show which manages to entwine with someone else's story. I swear this show sounds like "Reggie's cousin Theo who broke into an apartment of Cynthia who happens to work at Thelma's beauty shop. Thelma's friends with Reggie's sister Raquel, etc."

It is a trainwreck and it knows it is. With the stupid storylines and horrible acting, I really can't see this show lasting much longer, but with the machine backing TP, I think it would be a few seasons before this dumpster fire gets extinguished.

Unfortunately, I have to review this show because it is something to review. The latest episode is going to return on January 8th.





Comments

Popular Posts