Super Chic NYFW Show 2.10.19

                                                                                  Hi friends!
Photo by @genesisjoneslounge

It's that time again! Oh, yes! New York Fashion Week! 

Some of the best fashion designers from local and abroad came to show off their latest designs at the Super Chic New York Fashion Week on February 10, 2019!

I was excited to see the show because I had attended a previous show of Super Chic last year and I enjoyed it. 

The show began with a vintage look, going back to the 20's and 30's style. The line was made by Barbara Binczyk. Her line focused on velvet with darker colors like olive, black, blue and purple. Barbara's designs are for those who love the old style and bringing back old school always work and she definitely pulled it off. (To see more of Barbara Binczyk's line. You can click on the link here.)
Photo by @genesisjoneslounge

Other designers like Tomas Benitez brought their 'A' game with his glamor and sexy chic look. My favorite look of his line is here

There were so many wonderful designs that I wish I could list them all. Overall, the show was nice. But there are some issues I had with the show.

The Super Chic company is not a bad company. However, I think that there are some things that I would like to see change. 

For example, the show started late. I understand that there are always last minute kinks that need to be worked on before any event, but if you are going to tell your audience that the show starts at 6, then the show should start at 6. 
Secondly, they had many designers, which caused the show to go passed the time. 
Photo by @genesisjoneslounge
I believe in everyone having the opportunity to show their designs, however the show was too long. That's including an intermission and two performances. 

There was also fact that show seem to start off with one host and then there was two. One host seemed to be dominate the time, while the other seemed to be working on other things. 

The constant yelling for the designers to hurry up from backstage over a live mic was very cringy. It was unprofessional and felt like this was a first-time show. There were people in the audience that seemed disinterested at times while the models were on the runway. 

To be honest, I think because the show ran so long is why some members lost interest and even left the show before some designers had a chance to show their lines. I think it is offensive because these artists take a lot of time to make their clothing and to have the right model to represent the look that the designer wants. Through their work, the designers tell a story. 
Photo by @genesisjoneslounge
Super Chic is a good show with a lot of tremendous talent and they try their best to keep their audience interested in the designers and their designs. That's what I enjoyed about the show.

For more information on Super Chic, click here

To see my video click here.




Comments

Popular Posts