Goodbye, Mr. Moore...Gone But, Never Forgotten

I learned today that my favorite 'Bond,' Sir Roger Moore has passed away after a brief bout with cancer. I am crushed beyond words. Even as I write this now, I have a lump in my throat and trying to choke back the tears. I remember when I was a little girl, my father had some of the James Bond movies on VHS. I remember right before a 007 movie would come on, there was a featurette of the Pink Panther cartoon. Then, the first Bond I remember was Roger Moore. I think even at that young age, I had a bit of a crush because he was so charming and charismatic. Which at the time I thought that was how my favorite spy was supposed to be. Even as I got older and allowed myself to get caught up in the "Connery vs. Moore: Who was the better James Bond?" arguments, I always stood firm of the belief that Roger was the better one, despite the fact that Sean Connery was the first. I didn't care and still don't. Roger was and is my favorite to play the character aside from Pierce Brosnan. I look back now and sitting down and watching Roger on film, reminded me when things used to be normal. When my parents were still together and everything was just okay. Even after, my parents divorced when I was 12 or 13. I kept the tradition alive by watching 007. Every time, Roger's 'Bond' would come on, I would sit down and watch them. It just reminded me of some of the best times I had in my life. Those times I will always cherish for the rest of my life. I wish I could thank him for being a part of my childhood and making it fun. Thank you, sir. Thank you...

Comments

Popular Posts