Never Let Go: A Billionaire Widow BWWM Love Story Review



Never Let Go: A Billionaire Widow BWWM Love StoryNever Let Go: A Billionaire Widow BWWM Love Story by Amy Tyson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Never Let Go by Amy Tyson is one of those books that pulled on my heart strings. It was my first book that I've read that one of the main characters were dead at the beginning of the book. It was nice to see Drew through Amy's eyes. I won't give too much away, but I think Tyson captures the emotions of Amy, a woman who just lost her husband and now has to go on without him, while she is pregnant with their child.

Throughout the novel, Amy stays as strong as she possibly can even while dealing with the fact that Drew's parents hate her. In fact, one scene when Amy and Drew go out of their way to upset his parents was great! But their hatred aside doesn't deter Amy from protecting herself from them. Live the love of her brother and her friends, she keeps it together, when some people probably wouldn't be able to.

The novel does a good job of showing the reader what Drew and Amy's relationship like. From when they first met at ten years old to them dating in college and eventually getting married to the unexpected death of Drew through an act of violence. Tyson gave us Drew, not just man who died, but gave us insight to his thoughts and feeling about Amy, like how he wasn't sure if he was good enough for her, despite her willingness to be with him. Ms. Tyson captured the relationship between the two very well.

However, there are a few things that I was left questioning. Why was Drew killed? It wasn't specified if he uncovered something that he shouldn't even after it was suggested that he might have been killed out of some personal/political gain. I think that needed to clarification. Secondly, there wasn't much mention on the rest of Amy's family, aside from her ill mother and her brother. Where were the rest of them?

What was the outcome of the court case? Why were they in court if the shooter had bee shot and killed? Who was on trial then?

Thirdly, the scene when she brings her son to visit Drew's grave, she introduces them...it felt a little cold and flat. If I am visiting my dead husband's grave with the our child that he will never get the chance to hold or watch them grow, I would have been tearful at least.

I like this book and I'll recommend it.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts