Fifty Shades of Grey: A Comedy

Can I poke my eyes out with the fireplace poker now?
Hi guys,

Welcome to yet another review. This post as you see from the title is about the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie, which opened on the big screen early this year. The movie is the cinematic adaptation of E.L. James' book with the same name.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I have not read E.L James' work. It is not that I don't want to. I just have been busy so I hadn't had much time to do much of anything.

So, last weekend I made the attempt to watch the film. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how far the movie was going to go in terms of the subject matter of the novel. And sometimes, a film adaptation is better than the book. Unfortunately, I can't make that assessment. But I will say this, I definitely laughed myself to tears.

Why?

Okay. First of all, the fact that I only made it 45 minutes into the movie, was a tremendous feat. I couldn't deal with the dialogue.

With a couple of lines that screamed that it came out of an HBO show and the rest seemed like some ish that you would hear on the CW network. (The whole I can't be with you because I'm such a horrible person and you deserve to be with someone not like me - blah blah blah....vomit.)

Honestly, I can't imagine trying to make another attempt at watching this movie. I don't know if it's the actors or what but I really did not like this movie and I feel like if I were to see it again, it will seriously cause me to suffer a brain damage.

For real, it is pretty bad and I don't recommend this movie. 

Comments

Popular Posts