My 'Living Dead in Dallas' Book Review


Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I finished reading "Living Dead in Dallas," the second installment of the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Series. I must admit that it took me a really long time to read this one because I found Sookie to be rather boring at times. I what got to me was the constant complaining about her gift as a disability. I know that might seem like a silly reason to get annoyed with a character of a book, but she really annoyed me in this one.

I won't give any spoilers for those of you who hadn't read the book yet, but I will say this: There was several things that I found rather interesting in this book. For instance, the final scene between Godfrey and Sookie...well that could have been done better. There was no emotion at all. A few tears and then it was "well, on our way back to the hotel." That was rather lame in my opinion. Secondly, the final scene with the maenad at the orgy house. That was weak. So after all of that turmoil and Bill and Sookie take off to go and have sex? Yeah, let's not talk about the fact that I just saw you about to give into Eric's...um...charms. Seems that might be an issue.

What I did enjoy was Eric's interaction with Sookie. That was dead on. In fact, I wanted to see more of him than Bill. I heard Alexander Skarsgard every time he made an appearance. Overall, I liked the book, but I think Ms. Harris should have went into detail in certain areas where it was needed.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts