8th Year Anniversary Meal

Hi guys,

Well, just to get you up to speed....Richard and I's anniversary was on the 3rd. We had plans to celebrate the next day. I had cooked dinner that consisted of chicken parm, baked ziti and the potato salad. Unfortunately, the day didn't go as planned as I spent the whole day cooking. Since I was a novice, I chose to finish making the meal instead of making an empty promise. 

Suffice it to say, he was appreciative but because I spent the whole day preparing the meal, it took away the time that we wanted to spend with each other. Around 10ish we had dinner. Afterwards we were greeted by guests. I wasn't aware that he had invited them over during the course of the day. An argument ensued and I stormed off! 

The anniversary was ruined! I was made at him and at myself (okay maybe a little at myself). He told me that  he would have been content with just the two of us and watching movies rather than me going through all the effort, stressing myself out, and wearing a dress that I wasn't comfortable in and finally almost breaking my ankle during the transport of the food.
My baked ziti.
Chicken Parmesan.
Variation of my Potato Salad.

Overall, I think I did an awesome job (for someone who was starting right out of the cooking gate). 

I think next time I will be better prepared for such occasions. 

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can improve my timing?

Comments

Popular Posts