Love: What a Concept #2

*sigh*

Alright, so in a previous blog, Love: What a Concept, I spoke about my friend who had discovered that her husband for 8 10 months had cheated on her with another woman. I saw her after her two week hiatus. She had decided that she was going to go away to her homeland for a month, but changed her mind and came back two weeks early.


She told me that it was going to take a long time for her to forgive him. However, in my pessimism, I don't think that it is going to work. Why? Well, for starters if your partner told you that you would have to help them more, especially with cooking the household meals and they throw a fit and then proceed to tell you, "Let me go then, instead of letting think that this has a chance to work. Let me go then!" 


I was perplexed because that was no the response I thought someone in the proverbial doghouse should have said. I mean  granted that they hadn't been married long and when your only concern at the time (and sometimes now) is why she was there to see the cheating involved? Judging from the tone of her voice, I could tell that this was something that it was going to take a long time to get over. They are supposed to go to spiritual counseling where he is supposed to ask for forgiveness. 


The ordeal had really put her into a state of depression, so much so that she cried before she came to see me. That really hurt me because it's not something I'm used to hearing. Especially, coming from someone like her who always came off as a strong person. But I guess those of us who are strong-willed individuals by nature can have their worlds rocked every once in a while.

Over the course of the conversation, there was something she said that struck me as odd. She said that he doesn't think she could ever trust him again. I ask you guys, what is a relationship without trust??? I admit that I had some trust issues with my guy, but that was derived by my own insecurities. If you can't trust yourself and/or the person your with then there is no point in being in a relationship. That may sound a little too judgmental coming from me, but it is the truth. At that point you are wasting each other's time when that time could have been spent with someone else that could appreciate you for who you are.

My only hope is that she knows what she's doing. For both of their sakes. :)

Comments

Popular Posts