Cooking With GeeJay!: Entering The Potato Salad Zone

*Takes a breath*

Okay, so I have decided to cook. Wait that doesn't sound right. What I mean is this...I have decided to make potato salad for this event coming up. Sounds simple, right? WRONG!

I had told my boyfriend that I wanted to make it since I knew he had a lot on his plate. The problem here is that I don't really cook. I pretty much lived out of the canned food, instant-a ready world.

Alright, so I know what you're thinking. How can she possibly survive for so long? Well, I primarily lived with my mother but I was the lazy kid who never took the time to learn. However, at 30 years old it is rather sad that I don't cook or don't really know how. I have made lasagna in the past, but I haven't made it in years! So I am scared to death that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. In addition, he doesn't know that I don't know how to prepare potato salad. Which is sad in my opinion, but at least I am honest.

It boggles my mind that two people who are so similar can be so different when it comes to something like that. He LOVES to cook and I HATE it. I dread standing in front of a stove/oven making dinner. Why? I just do. I don't like to feel like I am domesticated. I know. It sounds ridiculous. But that's how I feel. On the other hand, a girl's gotta eat, right?

So if any of you who have read my blogs, can you suggest some good potato salad recipes? I really need the help!

Comments

  1. Just to give you an update: Shortly after this post was written I confessed to my guy about not being able to make potato salad. He was really nice about it. In fact, he even gave me his recipe and handed me a cookbook to borrow so I can write down some recipes. So, it worked out in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl just google it :) Allrecipes.com usually have recipes for everything and the highest rated ones have never disappointed me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I actually got a couple from there. Great site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts