Spies, Intruders and the Downright Shameless!

Hi guys,

I don't like writing about things like this, but I have to get this off of my chest. But before I start, I would like to ask you a question: Do you know anyone who has ever spied on you? Do you know someone who has spied on you for no good reason only to "tattle-tell" on you?

Now, I am not saying that I did something wrong, but I want to explain to you what actually happened.

It all started last Friday. I was home asleep when the landlady had come in unannounced. Not only that she let a total stranger into the apartment to begin repairs. I woke abruptly to see this man by the back door and this lady nowhere around. Now, when I spoke to her on Wednesday, she neglected to tell me that she was coming back two days later. So, half-dressed and pissed off grabbed something to put on and spoke to this man for about ten minutes.

To speed things up a bit...when she returned I asked her if she was here two days ago, then why the eff she didn't say she was coming back?! I don't know if it was because I was sleep deprived or what but I was mad as hell. I don't know if anyone can relate, but imagine this...you're at home asleep and your not expecting anyone. Then suddenly a noise wakes you up and some stranger is in your house. So, yeah I cursed at her. She said that she didn't need to talk to me because she didn't know me and that she called my father for the past two days and left messages. Yeah, about that....its hard to leave a message if someone's voicemail isn't activated on their phone. O.o'

I had called my mother and she rushed over on her lunch break. She told me that I was right to do so and that just because she was the landlady that didn't give her the right to walk into the place whenever she felt like. It was wrong. My father spoke to her husband who told him that since I wasn't renting the apartment that they weren't obligated to tell me anything. So, I took this little tidbit of information and swallowed it. It wasn't about whether or not I rented or owned it. That was disrespectful. It shouldn't have mattered what my position was. What mattered was that fact that if you couldn't get a hold of the person that is renting from you, then leave a note saying that you were there. You don't get an answer and that automatically tells you that its alright to walk into the apartment?! After this "situation" I posted about it on my facebook page. I left out details...never even mentioned names or where it took place...nothing.

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, my mother shows up and asks me why I posted it Facebook? What am I, five? Just days ago I was a hero of some sorts, trying to fight against the stupidity that is Landlord-Tenant b.s. Now, I am being told that some spy told my mother about it.

So, I reexamined my friends list and changed a few things. Am I sure this might put a stop to the spying? Probably not. However, it did leave me rather annoyed because it was MY thoughts. There was no reason to report anything to my mother about it, because the situation was a dead issue as far as I was concerned and not worth spending anymore time talking about it.

If there is one thing that this experience has taught me is that you should be more mindful of what you do and say to others because you will never know what will happen.

Well, maybe two things...that last thing is that some people don't like it when you speak your mind. Oh well.

Until We Meet Again. Laterz.

Comments

  1. I dont fault your reaction. I will say however that given your position on or in this case off paper, expect worse and act accordingly. try to swallow your justified pride which I fully support on the matter, in favor of saving you many headaches. What happened was a violation no doubt. But the blatant disregard for your presence should only serve to help you in your knowledge of the game these people play and how to stay downwind. Play your cards right and escape. "Bide your time and hold out hope"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. It made me feel like I was or am a "man without a country." I never apologized either. Instead my father apologized. However, I felt like it was going too far and that he allowed them to get away with murder. Albeit for me to see something wrong and want to speak up. But this has left me feeling rather eager to fix the things wrong in my life and pick up the pieces. I am a stranger to these people, but regardless of that there are certain things you just don't do.
      And as for the spies....I wish them the best of luck. To simply wish them any less would mean that I am just as spiteful and malicious as the act committed. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts