Remembering Trayvon Martin

Hi guys,

Well I am back to talk to you about this shooting that occurred a month ago in Sanford, Fl. The shooting death of 17 year old Trayvon B. Martin has sparked so much controversy these past few weeks. I personally, albeit not living under a rock, just heard of this case last week. Unfortunately, for me I do not have a t.v. so I usually get my news from search engine sites.

Moving on, when I first heard about this case, or lack thereof, I was appalled. Actually, I am still appalled at this. Now, I am not here to make this a race issue, however, I am smart enough to know that this is anything but a racial issue. Now, I wasn't there when Trayvon was killed, but I am sure that this young man died for no reason. I heard what the media and the like had to say about this. I'm not too thrilled that since this young man died, they are trying to dig up any and everything they could find to discredit Trayvon. I can't even imagine how his parents must feel. Not only to lose a child, but to have people who never knew him say such horrible things about him, as if to say that it was his own fault for getting shot!

I think Mr. Zimmerman should have been at least brought for questioning by the Sanford Police Department. Although, I do not live in Florida and I don't claim to know Florida law, but this is ridiculous! The man shot someone, regardless of Trayvon's ethnicity, he should have been brought in for questioning. Instead, the onsite officer was told by a higher-up that it wasn't enough reason to bring in Zimmerman let alone charge him with Manslaughter, which is what the officer wanted to charge him with.

I think when Jeb Bush can actually admit that this guy, Zimmerman screwed up and should be brought to justice. Now, I don't know if he is only saying this because he was the one who created the "Stand Your Ground" law to protect homeowners from burglars and the like. He even said, and I quote:
Stand your ground' means 'stand your ground.' It doesn't mean 'chase after somebody who's turned their back.
Now I don't know about you, but that speaks volumes about what should happen to Zimmerman.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that we should go and take the law into our own hands, but this man should be allowed to stand trial for murdering Trayvon.

It's a shame that we live in a world that you still get judged by what you wear and for appearing to urban or street. This young man was trying to run home. Was it really necessary to chase after him, eve after 911 told you NOT to? It boggles the mind that people can see someone and think they are suspicious just because they wear a hoodie and have a bag of skittles and iced tea on their person.

This case is so heated and I don't know if this man will ever be brought to justice for what he did. He killed Trayvon and the police and state officials seem to not care about the fact that a young man is dead. Maybe because it's due to the fact that they can't sympathize or empathize with Trayvon's family. Maybe they don't want to. But whatever it is, something needs to be done. And done fast.

I want to take this time to remember Trayvon and the many people who lost their lives much too soon.


REST IN PEACE, TRAYVON.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comments

Popular Posts