Injustice In America

I want to know how long will it take for something to be done,regarding the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. I am sick to death of hearing day after day, nothing and I mean NOTHING is being done to prevent something like this from happening again. I don't claim to be a know-it-all, but I can't see the point in living in a country that feels that George Zimmerman was justified in shooting an unarmed person just because in his eyes Trayvon appeared to be suspicious. This country, this America was built on the backs of so many people. It is a country of takers and not a country of givers. You may not agree with me, or you may not like the stance I am taking, but I think this is unfair. What if the situation was reversed? Would we be so inclined to let a minority off the hook had he killed an unarmed WHITE young man? Why is it that after all of these years we are still made to feel like we have to constantly fight to obtain so kind of respect? Even if African Americans, blacks, Africans whatever you want to call us, if we come from affluent families (the lucky ones) we are still looked at with suspicion. I am tired of feeling that because I am black and live in this country, that I have to still wear the scarlet letter. The question I end up asking myself, what the hell did these Civil Rights leaders fight for if even 2012 we still have to worry about walking down the street and worrying about getting gunned down? How is this remotely fair to ask people to let this young man's death go without a care? I am appalled that nothing is being down and I am tired of these guys in suits trying to tell me that this boy was suspended from school for having an empty bag of marijuana in his book bag. As if to say, without actually saying it that because he was suspended it was his own fault for getting killed! Come on, wake up people! This isn't a democracy. This is a joke. I'm in the firm belief that nothing will ever change as long as we have crooked individuals trying to tell us how to live our lives. But I am sorry but I never was one to listen to authority figures, not because I wanted to be a problem child, but because I have my own ideas and I don't like having to conform to everyone else's opinions. After all, this why we were created to share our ideas with one another and to have a difference of opinion. The injustice here is that Zimmerman is allowed to be free meanwhile a family has to cope with the reality that their child is dead. America=injustice. I am sorry guys, but that's just how I see it sometimes. Life isn't fair, but when you have a situation that is blatantly wrong, you should step up and correct that wrong to the best of your ability. After all, why the hell do we have laws set up in the first place? Just for shits and giggles? Just something to think about folks. ~Peace~

Comments

Popular Posts