"Through The Looking Glass" Sequel to "Mirror, Mirror"

.......Still standing here in front of the looking glass. As I continue to stare intensely at my image, I see all of my 30 years dancing around me. I find myself contemplating my fate more often now. I realize that my senses are not what they used to be. This frightens me so.

I still feel alone, but then suddenly I sense something on my shoulder. I turn to see a man smiling at me. He is tall and handsome. He has a cigarette in other hand.

You have me. That's all you need. Isn't that enough?

I think to myself, no it's not enough.

I still want more. I look back into the mirror. I see myself at age 18. Still lost and so unsure of myself. So much uncertainty. I place a hand on the glass, then ripples appeared. Everything becomes distorted for a moment.

You have me. That's all you need. Isn't that enough?
He says to me again.

Everything is not the same. I realize then that I am not the same as I used to be. I turn to him. His eyes welled up with tears.

Yes, you are enough. Always have, always will be.

I reach out to him. He opens his arms and pulls me into him. I inhale his sweet smell. So masculine, so serene all at once. I smile and say,
Yes, you are enough. Always have, always will be.

The looking glass shatters behind me. All there's left are pieces of the past. A past that I can now let go. I have found my salvation. My safe haven.

The past is the past. I fight for the now. I fight for the future.

Yes, I found my salvation. My safe haven.

Comments

Popular Posts