Review: Endless Summer

Endless Summer Endless Summer by Brie Paisley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*Review contains spoilers*
The Endless Summer Anthology has sizzling summer reads to quench your romance thirst. My favorite was ‘A Brit Down Under’ by Hanleigh Bradley. Shannon is down under on vacation hoping to get away from the pressures from home. She is out for some fun with her friend, Martin when she encounters a shark!
A shark bite sends her to the hospital and where her mouth gets her into a little trouble, she meets the sexy Aussie doctor, Jensen Reed. The sparks fly between the two and soon Shannon finds herself enjoying Jensen’s company. What I found interesting about Shannon and Jensen was that what seemingly started as a fling ended up being more. I enjoyed the relationship between Shannon and Martin. They were friends and their interactions felt genuine. Shannon was relatable to me because of her parents wanting different things than what Shannon wanted. I think that resonated with me mostly.
One thing I did notice that Bradley mentions three times in the story that Shannon was a nurse. The first time when she was in the hospital after the shark bite. The second time when Jensen asks her about what she does back home and the third Martin was shocked to learn she was a nurse. However, both Martin and Jensen were present when it was first mentioned. Maybe this was just the characters not remembering themselves. In my opinion, this didn’t hurt the storytelling or its progression. I think it was just an error.
Overall, it was a fun summer read that will leave you wondering if Shannon and Jensen really make a go of it and live happily ever after.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts