Understanding Me (A Poem written on the fly)

I am not your mother.
I am not your father.
I am not your son.
I am a daughter.
A sister to some.
A friend to many.
An enemy to few.
I am not a prophet.
I am a poet.
I speak my truth;
And not afraid of the outcome.
I am a woman.
Wanna hear me roar?
I am not an artist.
But I do paint Life's picture.
I am not a songstress.
But I can kill you with my words.
I am not White.
I am not Hispanic.
I am Ebony covered greatness.
I am not famous.
But aspire to make my dreams come true.
I am not a wife.
I am a girlfriend.
I am not a bird.
However, my thoughts can take flight.
I am a warrior,
Slaying my way through life.
I am me.
I am not you.
I live and breathe for me,
Not you.
You don't like me.
I don't care.
If you love me,
I love you.
I work hard for what's mine.
I don't believe in b.s.
I have my life to live.
So go live yours.
I wish you well.
So farewell,
Let be known I will never be your fool.
Goodbye.

Comments

Popular Posts